Sunday, March 25, 2018

Briefly (3/24/08)


So I know you're on vacation, which means you probably won't read this for a while. But today we didn't reserve computers at the library, so I only get a half hour today, so I have to keep it simple. It was a very eventful week so I will try to write you a snail mail if I can find the time. We are super busy--which is good--so I don't know how soon I'll be able to send it off. I'm also sending a package home soon but I'll wait until you're home from your trip.

Love,

Letter Mark[1]


[1] A few months before I left, someone had posted a sign in my neighborhood that said, “Welcome home, Elder D!” My mom read it to my four-year-old niece, Allie, and said they could make a similar sign for me. But a four-year-old has never heard of “Elder D,” but they have heard of “the letter D.” So Allie began saying that they would make a sign for me that said, “Welcome home, Letter Mark!” I was sorely disappointed when I returned home and six-year-old Allie had insisted on “Elder Mark” instead of “Letter Mark.”

No comments:

Post a Comment